Friday, December 10, 2010

Baby Hair Pendant



This is a great way to keep your baby's hair from their first hair cut.

I've slowly been making this pendant over the last few weeks. I had it almost completed but I ran into trouble finding the bail.  There were plenty available online, but the stores were charging $12 postage to ship a $3 item!  I had given up and put in the 'I'll come back to you later' box, until I came across a small shop in my town which sells beaded jewellery and supplies. The lady who owns the shop even offered to teach my anything I wanted to know about making beaded jewellery. So kind of her. Maybe one day the girls can have a Nanna day and I can spend the day making lovely beaded jewellery........Maybe.

So we popped in this morning and bought the bail I needed, a Christmas pressie, and a small stone for Ava.  Ava has a bit of an obsession with stones at the moment.  Where ever we go, she finds a handful of stones, rocks, or pebbles and stashes them in her hiding spot in my car.  So I figured we may as well turn it into a collection and buy her some nice gemstones. 

I'm so happy with the finished pendant.  I love that I can keep her baby hair safe and know that I will never loose it.  I'm looking forward to making one using Jaylah's hair. She just needs to grow some first!

   

No comments:

Post a Comment